Mold Damage in your Home or Business
The buildup of indoor moisture from high relative humidity, plumbing, and roof leaks may lead to mold damage. When the relative humidity is kept low, chances for condensation to take place reduce, and that means there are no appropriate conditions for fungi to grow. Mold spores cannot thrive without the presence of water in your home or business.
It is necessary to take precautionary measure when dealing with mold damage because it can cause health effects. Our SERVPRO technician assess the level of contamination and choose the right Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the job. When the area is extensively contaminated, we prefer a half-mask respirator, full body suits, and chemical resistant gloves. For light levels of contamination, an N95 respirator can be good enough.
We are careful not to spread the contamination to clean areas, and if we have to disturb the mold when cleaning the site, we make sure containment procedures are already in place. Containment also helps limit mold exposure to the occupants and our SERVPRO team.
After disturbing the mold, spores dust might settle on the porous and non-porous surfaces. When that happens, we do damp wiping and HEPA vacuuming to do the removal. We first determine the airflow direction and clean areas towards that path, and the cleaning process starts from the structure's top towards its bottom.
When drying the items and rooms, our SERVPRO technicians first remove any wet objects from the area to speed up the rate of evaporation and then we will setup dehumidifiers to lower the humidity. Moisture meters provide initial readings of overall humidity at the start of the job and will be monitored to ensure the project is complete.
At SERVPRO of Rock County, We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster whether it strikes your home or business property. Call us at 608-754-7202 when you need to be served by a proven industry leader.