Sparks Will Fly
In this day and age, it is safe to say that our most important information is harbored within our handheld devices. From iPads to Galaxy's, electronics are an ever present force in our daily lives. These items are relatively small and travel with us most everywhere we go. So what happens if your devices come into contact with unwanted liquids? The first action you should take is to ensure the device is powered off, then try to remove as much water as possible immediately. Shake as much of the liquid out as possible. Do not attempt to use any source of heat, such as baking your device or using a hairdryer. It will severely damage the circuits. Unfortunately, rice isn't a viable option. Studies show that rice is ineffective at absorbing water from your electronics. Our professionals at SERVPRO have the capabilities to help save your electronics and personal documents as well, give us a call today with any questions you may have.