Water damage can arrive in many different shapes and many different ways. From a slow drip to a burst pipe, water is a destructible force to be reckoned with. Though some situations may be unavoidable, such as a swell in a nearby river, there are certain measures you can take to help prevent home flooding. Preventative measures truly are worth the effort.
- What lies above: Inspection of your roof and shingles is essential because of its constant exposure to harsh elements. Keeping your roof well maintained is an important step in water damage prevention
- Gut it out: Good drainage in your gutters is one of the major steps you can take to avoid a water leak issue.
- Air tight: Caulking and sealing your windows is a great way to prevent unwanted water exposure.
- Pump up the jam: Testing your sump pump is vital in preparation of water damage avoidance.
- You OK in there? : Your plumbing and pipes within your home or business can be a major factor in water loss causes. Be sure to check on your pipes periodically to avoid any disasters.
Preparing your home in the event of a water loss situation can help you save money and time in the long run. Follow these tips to keep your head above water!